Thursday, May 26, 2011

'The Orpheum Theatre #1'

Back to the Blog after a bit away............


Now I am working on 2   'Orpheum Theatre' pieces based on my black and white one - only this customer wanted it in color and sized:  16" x 20", So why not do 2 at the same time?  

This one is the DAY scene.




Both paintings will start with this basic outline that mirrors my larger black & white Original...





There is no rhyme or reason for using these colors.  Mostly I like to start with 2 complimentary colors (in this case Yellow & Purple) then start playing around with other accent colors to see how the whole piece flows visually.


From this point I start to finish it up by adding liquid paints to help define the edges.....


'ORPHEUM THEATRE  #1'
Just as an added touch I chose to add to the marquee the Broadway musical that the Orpheum is giving the BIG PUSH for this year...... "Memphis - the Musical"!!!


Tune in tomorrow if you like and see how the 'Orphuem @ Night' came out.....

No comments:

Post a Comment